The procedure is performed using a state-of-the-art device that emits a low-frequency mechanical wave generated under high pressure. A high amplitude pressure pulse is generated outside the patient’s body (extracorporeally), and its energy is focused on the targeted area of the body. The pressure pulse travels without much takeoff through the water centers into the patient’s body and penetrates the soft tissues.
Shock waves target the occupied areas that are the cause of chronic pain. The impact of shock waves, for example, leads to the dissolution of calcium deposits and improved vascularization and ultimately results in pain relief.
Benefits of shockwave treatment:
- thanks to the targeted action of the shock wave, quite irrelevant becomes the presence of surrounding tissues
- The body is not burdened with pharmaceuticals,
- The possibility of preventing the need for surgical intervention and its associated risks.
Indications for shock wave treatment:
- heel spur
- Achilles tendon pain
- inflammation and calcification of the tendons of the shoulder joint
- radial epicondylitis( tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow)
- “jumper’s knee”/patella ligament inflammation
- pain in the spine, knees, hips
- Chronic discomfort due to muscle tension
Contraindications to the use of shock wave treatment:
- active cancer
- The patient’s use of anticoagulants
- advanced osteoporosis
- recent history (within the last three months) of myocardial infarction
|Rzeszów, al. Rejtana 53 (3 piętro)
tel. 17 865 20 06
|Mielec, ul. Partyzantów 21
tel. 17 788 92 26